Ghejzu Cave


From the 8th September Avenue in Xaghra it is possible to access a natural cave from which numerous shards of the Ġgantija complex were recovered in 1936. Only a few large blocks of stone are left of the original megalithic structure on the surface above the cave, but it is believed that the site was one of several forming a group around the Ġgantija temples, lying as it does only 300 metres to the west of Ġgantija. The cave is approximately 13 metres long and 6 metres wide. It is accessible in two places, through a circular opening or a narrow shaft.

© Copyright Xaghra.com – News - Theme by Pexeto